Sunday, June 7, 2009

   I'm taking off for my Bike and Build adventure today :) First off, thanks to everyone who donated! I was able to raise $4338.80 for the affordable housing cause! 
   Today is the start of leader orientation, and then we have a few days of orientation with everyone, and a build day with Habitat for Humanity in Jacksonville Florida before actually starting to ride cross country on June 13th! I'll be blogging every few days (assuming we have internet access!), so please follow my blog at  www.kerribikeandbuild.blogspot.com  You can also track my progress across the USA through this link: http://bikeandbuild.org/rider/3148   At the bottom there is a map, a journal that someone from the ride will be writing each day, and lots of helpful information such as how to send me mail :) This journal will be updated every day, just not always by me. 
   I will be checking email only periodically, so if you need to contact me and get a quick response please do so by calling my cell (although I hear AT&T service stinks out west), or emailing my bike and build email which I'll be checking frequently: ksocha@bikeandbuild.org  I also plan to be on facbeook when possible!
   Lastly, if you donated more than $50 and wanted to sponsor a day, please get me that date asap so I can be sure to have the info written down! And, send me your address if you'd like a postcard. 

Take Care and I'll be back to Maryland August 24th!

No comments:

Post a Comment