Monday, June 29, 2009

Day off in NOLA

Out day off was nice. I slept until noon :) and then I did some work on my bike and cleaned it, and then well, it was time for dinner so we all went out to a lovely Cajun restaurant. I had some red beans and rice which were a bit spicy but delicous non the less. I wish I had seen more of the city, by sleep was necessary and my bike was really important to do, so I guess it's ok.
Today as another build day with EDOLA. The site was only 5 miles away an so I rode my bike which was a goo test. I didn't tighten the handle bar quite rough ad I noticed them shifting while I rode... But I fixed that problem over lunch. I spent the day ripping out corner rounding and floor boards which are to be preserved and used again as the house is redone! A tricky task to not dent or crack I may say...
A kind couple that some people met at a local diner made gumbo for all 32 of us tonight for dinner! It was super, just like the one mom and dad make. (except that I much prefer kilbasa to sausage) We will be up a 4:30am and riding to Baton Rouge where we have yet another build day.

No comments:

Post a Comment