Saturday, June 27, 2009

Community Fair

Today we were volunteering again, but a group of us had the opportunity to help out with a community play day in one of New Orleans center city parks.
The park was used a a lot to put FEMA trialers after Katrina. These were recently cleared out but it was noticed that kids have not returned here to paly a try did ore-storm. Therefore multiple community groups are working together to out on these play days once per month to acclimate kids to the park all over again.
I had a blast haning out with kids and enjoying the afternoon. A few older kids taught me how to play Jax, it took me a bit to get the hang of it but I ended up doing pretty well! I also had the pleasure of letting some younger children play "blow bubbles in kerri's face" which they enjoyed becuase
I flinched or I made an angry face each time It got in my eyes. I plaues tennis with an aforable little boy, held a baby, hula hooped ad jimped rope with some teenage girls and many more... Overall
It was a super fun afternoon.
After dinner i started putting my old biketogethet do that I'll have something to ride come Tuesday! And almost the whole group of us went out together. We took the steetcar to the french quarter and walked down bourbon st. But then a few of us headed off to Pat O'brien's and Cafe Du Monde for some dessert! Tomorrow is our day off... And I'm REALLY looking forward to sleeping in :)

On a side note... I've decided to keep going and grown out my hair to donate one more time (this will be 4!). Ive been debating for a few months becuase i really look older with it short. My cousin Sarah recently donated hers which makes me thrilled becuase it's such an easy but important thing to do! I always hate how it looks right after it's cut... But, it grows back, and it's totally worth it. Good job Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment