Saturday, April 4, 2009

Training Update

Bike and Build has a requirement that we 500 miles before leaving on the trip, and do at least one day of 65 miles or more. I have bee keeping track since January, and have already ridden 537 miles! However, only 89 of those were outside... and those are the ones that really count. Having hills, wind and changes in terrain is far different than riding in the gym or on the trainer. I've also ran/walked 23 miles and have been swimming a few times. I really wish there was a pool closer so I could do that more often. I've also started seeing a personal trainer which I think will be good to make me stronger and healthier all over. So, all in all, things are looking good. The weather is getting nicer and my work load will be dying down in a few weeks. Hopefully I'll have a lot more time to get out and ride :)

On Wednesday, I received a record number of donations for one day! Thanks to Lane Victorson, Mark Oswlad and ReMax 1st Choice, and Betsy Cummings! Also this week I received donations from Alicia Bower, Sara Montag and Anita Buckingham. Thanks everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment