Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fun Rides

This was my first week without being at CASA and I was excited to have free time and get out to do some longer rides. However, it ended up pouring rain this week... However, Bike and Build suggests we go for a ride on the rain, so I did! I tried to have a positive attitude and look at it as fun. Well, the roads were slick which made turning and stopping more difficult, basically resulting in my being scared on the city streets. I went over to the park and rode around for a while since there wasn't anyone out. I got a descent amount of miles in, but was just too cold I had to go home. 
I did get out for one longer ride with the Baltimore Bicycling Club, which was fun. We went on a scenic tour of Anne Arundel County and had lunch in downtown Annapolis.  I ended up riding the afternoon with one of the "fast guys" as everyone refer to him. We averaged 18 mph which is pretty good for me, but boy was I exhausted by the time we got back to the car!
I'm hoping for more good riding next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment