Sunday, April 19, 2009

Farmer's Market Fundraiser

I had a bake sale yesterday at Waverly Farmer's Market in Baltimore. The person who runs it wasn't there, and the sub wasn't too sure of what was going on... so I didn't even get a spot to set up until a half hour after the market opened. Regardless, it went very well and I made $249. If I had been counting, I would have insisted on selling one more item to make it an even number :) 

I also had an event scheduled at the Bmore fair in the afternoon. This turned out to be more of a resource fair, and the people in attendance didn't really have any money to give. I ended up doing the face painting for free, and just giving away the left over baked goods. I was a bit upset at first, but it turned out to be fun, and I was able to tell a lot of people about the organization and what we do. 

Thanks to my most recent donors, Julia Hartenstein and Jana Peterson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment