Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Leader Retreat




Last weekend all the leaders for the 8 different Bike and Build Routes gathered at the Headquarters in Philly. We spent the weekend meeting some awesome people, finally meeting my co-leaders that I speak to one the phone/online all the time, and learning about many aspects of being a leader on one of these trips. We talked about the day to day aspects, health issues to be aware of, maintaing an open and welcoming community, how to fix a flat tire and other bike maintenance stuff. Overall, it was super fun, and wicked helpful. 
    In the Bike and Build spirit, we slept on the YMCA floor and ate PB+J sandwiches (sunflower butter for me!). Other food was donated by various restaurants, and it was all delicious. The weekend got me all geared up, and I feel like I want to be done school, and leave this weekend!

Thanks to Rachel Kuhr, my most recent donor!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment