Monday, May 11, 2009

I made the Habitat website!

I've been volunteering for Chesapeake Habitat for Humanity, here in Baltimore since September. I've met some great people, and had many joyous days there. I joined the Volunteer Engagement Committee back in December. As part of this I got to know some of the staff, and well, they learned a lot about Bike and Build. (I should also mention that I learned about Bike and Build from one of the Americorps at Habitat, Roger Knight, who did my route last summer!) A few weeks ago, I was asked if I would like to be featured on their website?!?!   Here is the link, check it out:   http://www.chesapeakehfh.org/volunteer/meet.php?ID=107

I'm taking a summer class entitled Stress Management. As an assignment we have to implement a 10 day stress management program for ourselves. I'm going to use an exercise and journaling format. Therefore, I will be trying to blog every day for the next 10 days. 
Today I went and rode the BWI loop. This is one of my favorite rides in the area because it is a wide path, fairly quiet and doesn't have too many little kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment