Wednesday, May 13, 2009

65+ ride



Bike and Build says we have to do at least one ride over 65 miles before orientation. Today was my first one! It was low 70's and sunny, which was perfect. I mapped out a nice 65 mile route where I could have lunch by the Annapolis harbor.... however, I got a little lost, making it closer to a 70 mile ride, haha. Even better, when lost I pulled out my iphone for help, and it told me my "location could not be determined", BUT the lady at the gas station was very helpful and directed me correctly. At the end I was gratefully not in too much pain... a bit in my hands and a bit in my back but that's it, which is great news! Afterwards I went to the gym and did some strength training. Let's see how I feel tomorrow, haha. I think I'm pretty much ready for this summer. But, I am going to try and do at least one more long ride in the coming weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerri, that's so awesome your ride got to be in such fantastic weather. Lately here in Florida it's been in the 90's and humid! I'm a sweaty mess by the end :)

    ReplyDelete