Friday, August 21, 2009

San Francisco!

The trip ended this past Monday Aug 17th with a nice 36 miles ride from Point Reyes CA to Baker Beach in San Francisco. It was quite a cold morning as we left the camp site bundled in our warmest gear. The ride was up and down over the hills and through a few cute towns. We met up about 3 miles from the end and all rode together across the golden gate bridge! My parents were there and got a picture of almost everyone :)
There were tons of family and friends waiting as we pulled into the beah and evryone cheered. We promptly dropped our bikes and ran into the cold ocean! We then did the formal wheel dip with pictures, and enjoyed the party and food for a few hours.

I then spent a few days exploring San Francisco, one in Monterey and driving the CA coast, and am now visiting my friends Doug and Kevin in San Luis Obispo. We are going wine tasting and surfing this weekend!!! Then early
Monday morning I'm taking a bus to LA and flying back to MD.

Thanks to everyone who donated or otherwise supported in my endeavors this summer. It was a wonderful experience and an adventure I'll never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment