Friday, February 6, 2009

Leader position

I was officially offered the job of being a leader for the trip this week! I'm very excited for the opportunity. I am working with 3 other people to pull the trip together including determining our route, finding places for us to stay at night, finding local housing affiliates for us to volunteer at and looking for donations along the road. I think being part of this process and working with all the riders will make it much more rewarding, and bring an organizing aspect to the trip. And since my Master's degree is technically in social work organizing...
I was also permanently placed to a route, and it will be the Southern US Route. We will be traveling from Jacksonville Florida on June 10th and ending in San Francisco on August 17th. Check out the Bike and Build website then choose routes on the left, and scroll down to Southern US to see all the cities we go through along the way. Once we reach California I'm hoping to spend a few days with Doug and Kevin!!!
I'm starting to get a little worried about fundraising... I have some great ideas, it's just a matter of finding the time to put them into action. Keep your eyes out for things happening in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment